Sunday, May 2, 2010

Learn to touch type!

So....something which has come to my attention is that I need/want to learn how to type as though my keypad is on fire. I type pretty quickly already, and use all 5 fingers but my method has been built up over the years as a result of using the keyboard so much in my every day life. I can get faster, so why not start working on that now?

I read an interesting post on another blog which encouraged me that even if my programming is not yet at a level where it affects me, the ability to touch type like a secretar from the 1960's will probably benefit me further down the line.

See the post:

http://steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2008/09/programmings-dirtiest-little-secret.html

For those of you who are after a touch typing course for free. This isn't half bad. There are probably better ones out there but this one is working for me pretty well:

http://www.typing-lessons.org/

The Bear.

Comment and let me know if this has been useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment